Our efforts are MEMBER DRIVEN – if the issue is important to the membership, it is important to CWHBA.
CWHBA also has a Political Action Committee called the Affordable Housing Council of the Central Washington Home Builders (AHCCW) that works to elect pro-business and pro-housing officials.
Whether it’s local, state, or national, the CWHBA’s goals are the same:
- Regulations and Public Policy are Favorable
- To Home Ownership
- To a Sustainable Supply of Building Properties
- To a Diversified Local Employment Base
- To Efficiency and Effectiveness in Government Provided Services
- Our Members are Informed
- About industry related issues & those who impact public policy and regulations.
|Counties||6 (Okanogan, Chelan, Douglas, Kittitas, Yakima, Klickitat)|
|Cities / Towns||46|
|Legislative Districts||5 (7th, 12th, 13th, 14th, 15th)|
|Congressional Districts||3 (3rd, 4th, and 8th)|
|Elected Officials||300 City/Town Council Members; 18 County Commissioners; 29
Port/PUD Commissioners; 15 State Legislators; 3 US Reps, and a plethora of other county wide and local taxing district officials.
|Population||457,757 (2010 Census); 470,819 (2015 Estimate)|
|Size of Territory||18,706 Square Miles|
|Mileage Tidbit||350 miles from CWHBA’s southernmost city of Bingen (Klickitat County) to the northernmost city of Oroville (Okanogan).|