Member Services Manager
The Central Washington Home Builders Association (CWHBA) is looking for a professional individual who shares the common philosophical goal of providing exceptional services and membership support to the Association. Our employees are motivated, hardworking, well-informed, politically astute, and dedicated to providing the best possible service to individual CWHBA members, fellow CWHBA staff, and the Association as a whole.
The Member Services Manager is responsible for internal accounting functions for the three business entities including the Association, Foundation and the Political Action Committee. In addition, he/she is the first point of contact for visitors to our office. As a highly-visible member of a busy and varied office, excellent communication skills and the ability to multitask with frequent disruptions is necessary. Ideal candidates would be a self-starter with the ability to think on their feet; be willing to challenge the status quo; able to think outside of the box and problem solve; and willing to work within the team to get the job done.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Serves as the primary staff person in answering incoming calls promptly and courteously, aiding callers, forwarding calls to proper individuals/organizations and taking complete and accurate messages as necessary.
- Answers requests from the public for information or directs them to the appropriate person to answer their questions.
- Greets visitors in a pleasant, business-like manner and assists with questions or problems or directs them to the appropriate staff.
Serves as the liaison to the office cleaning services and to tenants.
- Keeps the reception area, common work area, conference room and kitchen organized, well supplied, clean and neat; responsible for checking common break room and bathrooms in the building for supplies and needs.
- Maintains all office supplies including a list of office supply needs and orders supplies as needed; contacts service personnel as necessary for office equipment repair and maintenance.
- Sorts incoming mail and ensures outgoing mail is either picked up or delivered to the post office.
- Manages the Association shared Calendar, schedules meetings and conference rooms.
- Other duties/tasks may be assigned due to specific and/or unknown business conditions.
- Perform accounting functions of Accounts Payable and General Ledger up through monthly Financial Statement preparation for each entity.
- Maintain Accounts Receivable and provide billings for each entity. Perform follow-up and collection of past due receivables.
- Assist in the preparation of bi-monthly payroll for Association.
- Furnish 1099 statements on as needed basis per federal guidelines for Association.
- Work with, prepare reports for, and gather information for year-end review and tax returns working with contracted bookkeeping service.
- Specifically, for PAC, maintain complete records of various incomes received and disbursements made for reporting to the Public Disclosure Commission (PDC) using their “ORCA” reporting system. Monitor contributions and disbursements to remain in compliance with PDC regulations regarding the same.
- In addition, provide specialized reports to Government Affairs Director and Executive Officer for monthly Government Affairs/PAC meetings and Finance meetings for the Association.
- Maintain computer backup systems for Accounting, Payroll and various databases.
- Maintain listing of contractual obligations, expiration dates, etc.
- Assist Executive Officer with budget preparation by providing financial reports as needed.
- Works within the Association database, including verification of members status with the Secretary of State and Department of Labor and Industries.
- Inputs all events and registrations into the database system.
Attend general membership meetings, member socials and events to handle check-in process and offer additional event logistic support as needed.
- Assists with implementation of association’s major events, such as Home Show, Tour of Homes, Dozer Day.
Prepares material as directed by staff for the meeting packets for the Board of Directors and other committees.
- Prepare and reconcile monthly reports for Membership Director of new members, cancelled members, spikes earned, and current membership count.
Qualifications and Experience
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty in a satisfactory manner. The qualifications listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Knowledgeable and proficient in QuickBooks
- Excellent administrative and interpersonal skills, focused on customer service
- Ability to work independently and effectively in a face-paced, deadline-oriented environment
- Proficient communication and Word processing skills
- Ability to travel efficiently from site to site using a personal vehicle
- Bilingual preferred
Equivalent combination of education and experience which provides knowledge, skills and abilities sufficient to successfully perform the essential duties of the job.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Maneuvering successfully, which may include sitting/standing/walking/riding for extended periods in all weather conditions.
- Periodic lifting/carrying/transporting of materials in excess of 40 lbs.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Estimated percentages of the manner in which the job would be performed are as follows but actual performance may require significant variance: General Office 80% Off-Site/Local Travel 20%. Regular hours of 8am-5pm Monday through Friday, with minimal evening and weekend assignments on occasion.
Starting Salary: Depending on Qualifications
Health Insurance: Coverage is paid 100% for the individual (no dependent coverage) and covers dental, vision and $25,000 Life-AD&D. The current plan has a $1,500 deductible and a $35 copay amount.
Retirement: CWHBA will match up to a 3% IRA Simple Plan contribution.
Paid Time Off: 10 Days per year, plus 3 personal days. Paid Holidays.
How to Apply
Please submit a resume and cover letter expressing your interest in and qualifications for the position to Chelsea Snodgrass, CWHBA Executive Officer: firstname.lastname@example.org