Receive Exclusive Benefits with Membership in CWHBA
When you join the CWHBA, you automatically become a member of the Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW) and the National Association of
Home Builders (NAHB).
The Building Industry Association of Washington (BIAW) is dedicated to creating a positive business environment for the housing industry by addressing the housing issues of the people of Washington. BIAW Represents 14 local associations and nearly 8,000 members across Washington.
The National Association of Home Builders (NAHB) is a trade association that helps promote the policies that make housing a national priority. Since 1942, NAHB has been serving its members, the housing industry, and the public at large. Last year, NAHB’s advocacy efforts saved the typical home builder roughly $6,200 per housing start, including both single-family and multifamily.
For more information about NAHB, visit www.NAHB.org
Membership Code of Ethics
In joining the Central Washington Home Builders Association, all builder, remodeler and associate members agree to abide by the Association’s Code of Ethics. By doing so, members demonstrate to the public and to others in their respective fields that they take pride in their profession and will do their best to provide the highest quality work possible.
The active member of this Association shall be limited to those persons and firms who shall subscribe to the following Code of Ethics:
MEMBERS of the CENTRAL Washington Home Builders Association believe and affirm that:
- Homeownership can and should be within the reach of every American family.
- American homes are well designed, well constructed, and well located in attractive communities, with educational, recreational, religious, and shopping facilities accessible to all.
- American homes should be built under the free enterprise system.
To achieve these goals, we pledge allegiance to the following principles and policies:
- Our paramount responsibility is to our customers, our community, and our country.
- Honesty is our guiding business policy.
- High standards of health, safety, and sanitation shall be built in every home.
- Members shall deal fairly with their respective employees, specialty contractors, and suppliers.
- As members of a progressive industry, we encourage research to develop new materials, new building techniques, new building equipment, and improved methods of home financing, so that every home purchaser may get the greatest value possible for every dollar.
- All sound legislative proposals affecting our industry and the people we serve shall have our informed and vigorous support.
- We hold inviolate the free enterprise system and the American Way of Life. We pledge our support to the associates, our local, state, and national associations, and related industries concerned with the preservation of legitimate rights and freedoms.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are part of our obligation as members of the Central Washington Home Builders Association.