Building or Buying a Home
Guide to Buying a Home
If you are thinking of buying a new home, you must pay close attention to many details to ensure that you find one that will suit your needs and preferences. Before you start shopping, you should sit down with the members of your household to discuss your preferences and the many options available to you. Here are some things you should consider.
Selecting and Hiring a Contractor
Other Resources & Design Inspiration
Excellent Design Trends
Combined with excellent construction, excellent design makes a new home stand out, and also stand the test of time. NAHB has a number of resources for home designers. See the Newest Trends Here >>
Winter Home Considerations
- Winter Storm Safety: What you need to know to stay safe and warm from Milvatez Law.
- Staying Safe During a Winter Storm. Tips from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention for heating your home, lighting your home if there is a power outage and using generators and other appliances safely.
- Blizzard Safety. The American Red Cross has information about conserving fuel while at home and staying warm.
- How to Protect Yourself from Winter Weather. Ready.gov includes important information about how to avoid carbon monoxide poisoning in your home.
- National Weather Service. Follow the National Weather Service for winter weather advisories and warnings for your area.
- How to Prepare Your Patio for Winter. Caring for your outdoor furniture is another essential part of the winterization process, so you’ll need to take the right steps to protect your furnishings during this season.
Why It Is Dangerous to Let Ice Dams Form on Your Roof
What should I do if I have an ice dam?
It is recommended to reach out to a roofing professional to safely remove any ice dams. The first step they will take is to remove the snow. It is important to remove snow and ice safely and effectively without risking damage to the roof or other parts of your property, such as gutters, windows, siding or landscaping. You can find a qualified roofing professional by reviewing our Online Membership Directory. Read Full Article >>